Spring Crush: A February Wish-List.

Well, going a bit off track for what this blog is supposed to contain, I will make a wish-list. I always want a lot of things. (Yes, I am the average materialistic girl. Who always wants, never needs.) My mum thinks my closet is about to blow up and destroy half of Calcutta. I am the typical impulsive shopper. I adore Rebecca Bloomwood (not only because I relate to her but also because DDAAYYUMM! Luke Brandon is one hell of a catch!)
My head is like a scrapbook. Which is why my blog looks like one too (note: torn paper, paint blotches.) So making a wishlist is actually like organizing my underwear drawer.
So how do I really start hmmm... I guess it's okay to club together a look. It's like a LOOK WISH-LIST.
So keeping in mind the Trends for Spring-Summer 2012 (A NIFT-ian always has this at the back of her mind even when shopping during sale!)

Pleats is one of the major trends happening this Spring. In all forms! Pleated shorts and Trousers. Flowing pleated dresses. Lanvin's Spring 2012 show had some of the best pleated dresses on the runway.
Inspired by which... *drum roll*
The perfect Sodamix pleated dress from House of Fraser. Loved the weave detailing. Nude court shoes and statement cocktail ring, both from Asos. That killer bling clutch in Champagne to cut the monotone-ish effect down: Anya Hindmarch Valorie.
The trend I'm talking about is Black and White. Like the Spring 2012 Gareth Pugh Black and White. Although I love the trend. Black and White is really not my thing. It bores the fizz out of me. To make the look pop, I would add red to it. Be it a red blazer or shoes. Or just anything you like, really!
Basic tank top from Asos. The two finger ring from Erin Wasson. I'm crazy about two finger rings. They set such a statement. Especially the chunky ones. Victoria Beckham black Skinny Denims. Red Louboutins or Cream Steve Maddens. I would wear both if I could, honest! And of course, the best red jackets in town, from Mango. (Seriously, in Calcutta, the perfect red is found only at the Mango store. Not that we have much of a choice. *sniff*)
This particular trend is actually quite risky. It can either make you look like a high class fashionista or a clown. The best tangerines were seen at Paris Fashion Week by Sachin + Babi, Doo.Ri, Rebecca Minkoff, Derek Lam (from Fashionologie).
Color-Blocking this trend makes most sense to me. Plus I can go crazy with the colors! Hint: Tangerine+Fuchsia, Tangerine+Navy, Tangerine+Pink... or play it safe with Tangerine+Black.
I am SO crushing on the lace up booties by Giambatista Valli (one of my favorite designers, by the way), the very 60's Karen Millen Color Block Dress. It's just SO fantastic! I would wear a pair of Warehouse leggings with those booties. And OH! That ring... from WedOne. I want! And that superb oversize bag from Asos would do me no harm!

Chevron's made a huge comeback for Spring 2012. Burberry and Etro had amazing chevron prints. Though the credit goes to Missoni for starting this trend all together!
That's a Chevron Rug from Missoni, by the way. The perfect spring look would have a start zig-zag print complimented by shades of Champagne or Beige.


Now that's something I would wear to college. Damn! The Lycra Chevron print top from Warehouse and the tie up shorts from Reed Krakoff are just perfect for the oncoming of Spring. I am in Love with those metallic brogues from Boutique 9. The fringe necklace from Accessorize would break the overpowering of the print. And what better way to top it off than a fedora from Forever 21?
I know this trend is already fading. But lace was my favorite thing all through Winters. I packed up on lace blouses and dresses and somehow cannot get enough of it. One thing I would love to try are lace biker jackets!


Lace biker jacket from Soaked in Luxury. Killer black suede booties from Bluefly. Animal Print earrings from Accessorize. Grey tank from Asos. I know it's totally 2010 but I'm still crushing on the Leopard Print clutch from Alexander McQueen. Fancy much?

That's it from me for now. Will come up with more looks soon.
Who need airplanes for wishes now? ;)
Love :]

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post! Chevron and pleats are two trends i absolutely adore. And yes, i can never get over lace easily enough!!!

    Love this post :D

    xx
    http://the-style-spectrum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Style Spectrum! Glad we share the same thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete